Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Friday post that wasn't

Friday afternoon, in the middle of my work day, I took a short but well-deserved spinning break. I'd been editing like a fiend all day (all week, in fact), and suddenly I saw a clear patch open up, so I hied myself off downstairs (an advantage of working in a "virtual office," a phrase I still cannot say aloud without smirking or making annoying little quote marks with my fingers).

While I was down there, I thought, "Hey, this room is clean for a change! So why not snap a few pictures from my spinning chair? It will give my blog readers a nice, if somewhat fictional, idea of what I see when I'm working away at my wheel."

The sun was shining, the room looked kind of pretty, and I was hard up for blog posting ideas. So I snapped some pictures, did a bit of spinning, and wandered back upstairs to see where things stood, work-wise.

Shouldn't have done that. Suddenly it seemed like everyone I work with and his or her close relatives wanted something from me...and so the blog post never happened. But I still have the pictures, and things have eased up a bit, so I'm posting them for you now, instead.
The small flyer and half-full bobbin, featuring some light fingering weight alpaca/bamboo blend from Turtlepurl.The fibre close up. The colour kind of reminds me of a fine claret, but that could have been late Friday afternoon power of suggestion.
The view beyond the wheel...looking strangely tidy.
The view below: that blue stuff is actually my yoga mat, which is currently keeping my wheel from sliding out from under me across the hardwood floor. I highly recommend this as a slip-proof substance, although it's not the most attractive floor treatment I've ever used.And finally, the linen-stitch scarf, as it was on Friday. It's progressed some since then, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for that update. I do like to maintain an aura of suspense, you know.

3 comments:

Mary Keenan said...

I want. All of it, except the busy editing schedule ;^)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Fridays often get away from me too. Sometimes it feels like I'm running back and forth across the 401, just trying not to get hit.

Can't wait to see the progress on your scarf! When I finished mine, Gavin said "You're not giving that away, are you? It's too nice!"

Kathleen Taylor said...

I love getting a peek into your spinning space! Your clean is alot cleaner than my clean (which mostly involves not having apple cores on the countertop).