Monday, May 3, 2010

I would show you

...but then I would have to kill you.

So you'll just have to take my word for it: I've finished the larger of the two projects I'm knitting for Kathi Taylor's forthcoming book. I will admit, it was a slog for me—nothing to do with Kathi's beautiful pattern or the very luxurious yarn, and everything to do with my inexperience (and therefore nervousness) with some of the techniques I learned during the project.

However, I think I'm now over my inordinate terror of steeks (though I think I know how I'd do them even better next time); and as I sewed on the last of the buttons (adorable little hearts, hand-made in South Africa), I thought to myself, "This is one damn fine project."

And now, I'm off to give it a bath and pin it out, and find some batteries for my camera so I can take pictures. After which, I will cast on for Part B.

(Incidentally, whichever member of my family it was that has been plundering my battery stash so that this morning I discovered it quite empty at a point when I really needed a pair of functional AAs, keep in mind that I have a long memory and a taste for revenge. Just sayin'.)

1 comment:

Kathleen Taylor said...

neener neener all- I've seen pics. It's totally and absolutely gorgeous!