Monday, December 28, 2009

How to tell you married the right person

You open your Solstice gift, and discover not just one, not just two, but three Golding RingSpindles.

One two-incher weighs in at 1.6 oz.....













One two-incher is 2 oz.....














And this big boy is 3 inches and 2 oz., excellent for thicker yarns and plying purposes.

You ask, "How did you know...?" and the person you married says, "I found one of your spinning magazines and looked at the ads. I didn't know how big you like your spindles, so I got more than one. Are these a good kind?"

At a loss for words, you just nod. Yep, they're a good kind all right.



And that, my friends, is how a novice spindler came into her own personal fleet of Rolls Royces.
I may be a beginner, but dammit, I'm doing it in style, baby!

6 comments:

Geek Knitter said...

:sigh:

How lovely!

Dave said...

Wow!! :-)

Kris said...

Is your other half for real? He's amazing!

I love the concept of the Solstice celebration.

Happy New Year to you and Rachel and the rest of your family!

Stacy said...

Lucky lady!

Walden said...

Congrats! My other half wouldn't go anywhere near my crafting supplies with a ten foot pole! :)

Kathleen Taylor said...

wowee!!!!! Goldings are so incredibly beautiful! And I hear that they spin like tornadoes (I don't have one to test the theory out myself). Enjoy! And hearty Huzzahs for Mitchell!