Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's raining, it's pouring...

...again.

Anyone from around here will tell you: this summer has been weirdly wet. Ottawa's summers are notoriously hot and humid, but not usually this humid. (Meanwhile, friends and cousins in B.C. tell me they've had so little rain, it's a tinder-box out there. The province has never had this many uncontained forest fires, and even the premier seems to have noticed -- scary stuff.)

I've been trying to come to terms with Eastern Ontario's unwanted water, though, and it's just not working for me. Frankly, our summers are already short enough, without spending most of them sitting inside, glumly staring out at the rain. I do try, though -- on the odd day that the sun peeks through, I think, "Aha! This is it. Live in the moment, and try not to think about tomorrow's forecast."

Which will, inevitably, involve some form of rain. Pass me the umbrella.

2 comments:

Dave said...

On the positive side, they're forecasting a warmer winter with less precipitation, i.e., snow, which as far as I'm concerned is a good thing. On the negative side, being warmer increases the chance of ice storms.

The sun is out today, at least for a while, and it's not snowing. :-)

Stacy said...

We've been weirdly wet here too... BIG storm on Sunday so now there is lots of mud everywhere. Sunshine this weekend perhaps?