Sunday, May 17, 2009

Whole lotta garter goin' on

As I said yesterday, I've been using the garter pullover as a respite project, giving myself time to think about the next, more challenging exploit. Just for fun, I took a shot of the WIP, and I had to laugh: it's possibly the least interesting knit photo I've seen. Just acre upon acre of pure garter stitch.

Granted, the California Poppy colour's kind of nice -- if you can disengage it from thoughts of yellow school buses -- and I do love the way it feels. Squishy and light, due to being knit on 7mm needles. I do think the sweater will work out well, but meanwhile, it's not the most inspiring knit in the universe.

Check it out:
p.s. Does anyone know how to un-set my stupid camera's alleged date/time display? Because I've hit every button I can think of, and it's still there. I wouldn't mind so much, if it actually was March 30 at 8 p.m. But it's not.

1 comment:

Kathleen Taylor said...

lovely color, not bus-like at all.

I find garter stitch hard to knit- I tend to lose myself and start purling at odd moments.