Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Just dropping by

...to put up a couple of pictures. It's still crazy-time at work, with deadlines rolling by like the news ticker on CNN, so my brain is all full of en dashes and level 2 headings and suchlike.

But I promised you yesterday that I'd illustrate the whole "knitting lace with handpainted yarn" thing, and so here you go:
This is the lacy edging, which is very simple K2tog/yo to infinity, separated by a couple of rows of garter stitch. (ETA: Sorry about the cruddy focus here. I took it last night, and my addled brain told me it looked okay. By daylight, however, not so much.)

I learned something interesting with this bit: how to create a totally amazing selvedge edge for picking up stitches later. Instead of my usual slip one at the beginning of each row, this pattern calls for ending the previous row by knitting into the back of the stitch; then you begin the row by slipping that same stitch purlwise. Try it. Tres cool.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Those colors are gorgeous....