Sunday, March 1, 2009

Done like dinner

Actually, I finished the Carmanah Jacket on Friday, but I was too frazzled, what with various workish kinds of things going on, to actually post it or even blog about it.

And here's a bit of weirdness: I finished it at the end of lunch, and sewed the ends in during a much-needed mid-afternoon break. I was going to take it home and block it before I wore it, but then I thought, "To heck with it." So I put it on, and went to the Ladies' Room to admire myself in the admittedly not-very-flattering mirror in there, and then I walked around the office. And not one single solitary soul noticed!

I could have been offended, but I really wasn't. You want to know why? Sure you do. I wasn't offended because I think this jacket really does look like I was born wearing it. It feels so absolutely natural and right, that I think people weren't jarred by it, the way they might have been if I'd worn something less characteristically me.

That's my theory, anyway.

So yeah. It's done, and I wore it all day yesterday, and I would probably wear it all day every day if I thought I could get away with it. Rachel graciously agreed to take some pics, and here they are:

The front opening has no buttons, because I prefer to use shawl pins where needed.


8 comments:

Mary Keenan said...

Karen, it's FABULOUS! Even the colours are perfect on you. Well done!

Stacy said...

Oh, I LOVE it!! Great fit and the color looks wonderful on you!!

nicolaknits said...

It's lovely.

Lisa said...

Bee-you-ti-ful! *jealous!*

Anonymous said...

A work of art!

Geek Knitter said...

Fabulous work, it suits you right down to the ground!

Brenda said...

I just found your blog last night via ravelry. I LOVE this cardigan. Can't wait for the pattern.

Kathleen Taylor said...

Beautiful!!!!! Brava!!!!!
And I love the shawl pin closure (though I worry you will stab yourself if you bend over).