Thursday, February 12, 2009

...And by "soon," I mean, well, whenever

I know, I promised I'd be back shortly, and then I just wandered off and left you.

I'm sorry, truly I am. If it's any consolation, you should know that my kitchen looks like a bomb exploded in it, my daughter has been surviving on take-out food and tinned soups, and my pets are giving me the hairy eyeball whenever they can catch my attention, which isn't often. (I'm sure things would be in better shape if I hadn't been faux single-parenting all week while Mitchell gallivanted attended a highly important conference in Atlanta, but that's a whole other story.)

The problem is, you see, that I somehow allowed myself to get roped into editing not just one overnight production, but three. All at the same time, in three different cities, with three different sets of writers (18 in all), for a total of three nights.

I can't even tell you how many files I edited, sitting on my couch surrounded with project sheets and boxes of stale crackers, but it was a LOT. And today I have to review and approve two more long documents, assuming my eyes don't actually drop out, a possibility that seems increasingly likely.

The good news: by the time I'm done, I'll have tons of stuff saved up to talk to you about. The bad news: I may lack the mental and/or physical capacity to turn on my computer.

4 comments:

Patti (from Ottawa) said...

That sounds absolutely brutal. Hang in there! I await the return of regular postings with interest...

Stacy said...

Ohhhh, don't let your eyes fall out. It will be more difficult to knit without eyes!!

Geek Knitter said...

Oh good heavens... that's just nuts!

northmoon said...

I agree. That sounds like a huge load even for a high achiever like yourself. I'm sure there will be some pent up knitting which will burst onto the scene when you are finished editing.